Friday, July 13, 2007

Quintessensial Kishore Kumar

Hilarious and funny, this interview is all what Kishore Kumar was about. One of the greatest male playback singers out of Bollywood, never trained to be one.
This is certainly one of the best Kishore Kumar interviews, which noted journalist and producer Pritish Nandy took during his tenure as editor, The Illustrated Weekly of India. He shares this interview exclusively with Ram Kamal Mukherjee. This interview was published in The Illustrated Weekly in 1985.

Read on...

PN: I understand you are quitting Bombay and going away to Khandwa…KK: Who can live in this stupid, friendless city where everyone seeks to exploit you every moment of the day? Can you trust anyone out here? Is anyone trustworthy? Is anyone a friend you can count on? I am determined to get out of this futile rat race and live as I've always wanted to. In my native Khandwa, the land of my forefathers. Who wants to die in this ugly city?PN: Why did you come here in the first place?
KK: I would come to visit my brother Ashok Kumar. He was such a big star in those days. I thought he could introduce me to KL Saigal who was my greatest idol. People say he used to sing through his nose. But so what? He was a great singer. Greater than anyone else.

Read the entire interview at the link below

http://www.buzz18.com/showstory.php?id=3252

No comments: