Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pondicherry

lman
After a overnight train journey to Chennai, I boarded a "Boing Jet 747 (above)" to take me to Pondicherry. ( 3 hours & Rs.55/ [approx 1 Euro] ).

I spent over a week in Pondi, mostly relaxing. Also I did these series of eye exercises at the School for Perfect eyesight there to help improve my "vision" ;)

I can say that those exercises definately helped, my number was down .75 point after a week.

Pondi is a former french colony and the french influence is still very much visible in one part of the town. The Indian part is fast growing over it though. Road names are still in french in some places but the other end of the same street would have an indian name, couldnt get more confusing.

I also visited the Sri Aurobindo Ashram and Auroville, both impressive institutions in their own right. The star attraction at Auroville is the 'Matri Mandir' this giant sphere with a mediation room inside.

No comments: